Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 11 May 2018

Busy Bees for Daring Cardmakers

It's my turn to set the challenge over on Daring Cardmakers today. I chose a theme of Busy Bees.....
here is my card, I used a Spellbinders set called Honey Bee 


For my card, I cut the honeycomb twice, in black and yellow. Then I just filled some of the spaces with yellow - the bees are busy gathering pollen to fill those empty spaces! Three bees were cut in yellow, and white. I used yellow for the base bee, coloured in the antennae etc in black with a sharpie marker, and snipped off the white wings (which were given a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter, which doesn't show in the photo). The bodies of the bees were glazed with glossy accents


Six of us went to the Escape Room last night. Have you ever been to one of these? Ours was Japanese themed, with a long spiel about some Samurai warrior who had lost his sword which we had to retrieve in one hour. Then we were locked in this tiny little room, about the size of your average public lavatory. I won't bore you with the details, it involved a mirror, a long rope and much bewilderment before we progressed into the next room. In total we went through four (or was it five) rooms, most of the time dashing around like headless chickens looking for clues. In the end, we managed to retrieve the sword with two minutes and eleven seconds to spare. We stumbled out, triumphant,  only to find a group of (smug) corporate types sitting there, who had escaped from their room in some ridiculous time, totally bursting our bubble! But we did it, hurrah! 

5 comments:

  1. Maryellen WebberFriday, May 11, 2018

    Cute card!!! Thank goodness you made it out of the Escape room!!! Headless chickens would have sent me over the edge!!! A friend of ours has come up with a term called DNR. Do Not Return. Sounds like that is accurate, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Enfys ... it is absolutely BEE-utiful! Oh my goodness, I am so glad you escaped successfully, and with time to spare too. Had it been me, I would have given those smug businessmen a stern glare while waving the retrieved samurai sword (wink). But on second thought, that likely would have just made them laugh from my (totally fake) fierceness. Still, you were victorious in your efforts, I applaud you all. Lucky I wasn't with you, or we might still be pounded on the door begging to be released from the room. However, It does sound like it was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wee die cut bees and the graphic style of your card En. Glad you made it out of the Escape Room OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x