Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 9 February 2018

Cosy Home - for Daring Cardmakers

This week on Daring Cardmakers,  the dare was set by Miri - her title is 'Cosy Home'

So here is a card that needs no special equipment apart from your trimmer, simple shapes cut out of patterned paper and assembled into three little houses on my card. I did punch out the gold heart, and added a stamped sentiment from Simon Says Stamp


Talking of cosy homes, could there be a worse week than this for the boiler (furnace for American friends...) to fail. 'it's a bit nippy this morning' I said, pulling on a second sweater. Two hours later 'it's REALLY cold today', going to warm my hands on the radiator. Only then did the penny drop, the radiators were stone cold. Luckily the guy who fitted a new boiler last year was working in a house just up the road, and came along in his lunch break to do some mysterious fiddling around with the controls, and everything fired up again.

 It made me think though, when I was a child, we had no central heating at all, I remember the patterns of the frost on the inside of the windows on a cold winter's day. My mum used to warm our clothes overnight on an airer in front of the range fire. Considering my early years, I should have grown up into some Spartan like hardy person, one of those women who wanders around in mid winter in a tee shirt.  Instead of which, by October I am wearing at least three layers, and making an art form of furtively turning up the heating thermostat while nobody is around! I could happily live in a tropical climate - no wonder I loved Florida so much.....

3 comments:

  1. Cute! The kraft base makes it feel even more homely, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a New Home card, Enfys. Glad your boiler is working again, it's not the weather to lose your heating! I remember no central heating as a child, we learnt to get dressed really quickly in the mornings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card with a great sentiment!
    I'm also very happy to hear that your home is warm again. I never realized the brilliance of central heating before I spend a few winter weeks in New Zealand... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x