Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Fiskars makes......


I recently organised a collaboration on
the Fiskarettes UK facebook page with a company called Katy Sue Designs, who had the really neat idea of bringing out a pad called Adventures in Paper Cutting. All you need is a sharp craft knife, and you can make beautiful paper cuts like these - I found it very relaxing, and a bit addictive! The first one, on the right here, I made into a card against a distress oxide background. The second one was a bit more ambitious, and I framed it in one of these floating frames, which when hung on my purple heather dining room wall, looked quite striking 
I also did a post for the Fiskarettes page on making chevrons out of the hexagon punch.......I love finding multiple uses for the same tools...I think the photos explain the process, just make sure you cut a strip of card the same width as the punch opening





 and as I needed a card for a teenager, the end result really fit the bill!



Last in the line up for today is this one, made with Fiskars three in one corner punch - I chose the little butterfly corner, and cut some ombre coloured squares - but then the tiny punched butterflies were so cute, I made a little flight of butterflies across the card. I even used the tiny punched dots as embellishments. Waste not, want not as my granny used to say


I also rather like the lined envelope I made (well I didn't make the envelope, just the lining). I'm on a bit of a mission to use up some of my mountain of scraps, so think I may sort out ugly paper and use them inside envelopes. Or that may be another resolution that bites the dust before January is even over....

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you again Enfys, those paper cuts look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative Enfys!! I don't have a steady hand to do those beautiful cut outs. Hope you and Mike are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x